Friday, February 15, 2013

Bars : Singapore : Sentosa Island : Tanjong Beach Club

Bars : Singapore : Sentosa Island : Tanjong Beach Club

About Tanjong Beach Club
A stone's throw away from The Sentosa Resort and Spa, Tanjong Beach Club (TBC) is a bar and cafe located along one of Singapore's most beautiful stretches of sand, Tanjong Beach. The perfect destination to enjoy the sun, sand and sea, TBC is modelled after a 1950s beach resort, and comes complete with a pool boasting panoramic views, two bars, a restaurant and plenty of chill-out and event space.

Lounge in the sun and sip cool cocktails such as the refreshing Tanjong Martini or the fruity Tanjong Punch. Or order some casual bites such as the Crab Cakes with Peanut Butter Chilli, Truffle Fries and the Gourmet Burger.

Escape from the urban jungle and feel the sand between your toes and the splash of frolicking swimmers at TBC, your idyllic island hideaway.

Tanjong Beach Club Review By alittleglitter : Singapore
We were recommended this place by a friend and decided to give it a shot for dinner one day.

On a Friday evening, the restaurant was pretty quiet. We were seated tables away from the other diners so it was definitely very private. We had the calamari, seafood linguine and fish and chip. The seafood linguine was awesome. The pasta was al dente, and the broth was extremely flavourful. The batter for the fish and chips was light and not oily at all. Fish tasted fresh and was paired with chips which were nicely fried.

What left an impression was how attentive the waiting staff was. Our glasses were filled promptly (my measure of how attentive waiters are) yet the waitress was not hovering around our table, allowing me and my partner to have our conversations in private. It was almost like she was just observing from afar because she didnt want to appear intrusive.

After I was done with my first cocktail (Singapore Sling), I was recommended the Tanjong Sling which I later agreed . Boy, I really should have asked for recommendations before I ordered coz the Tanjong Sling was so yummy! Not to say that the Singapore Sling was bad, it is just a very standard cocktail.

We dined in the restaurant, and had out drinks outdoors at the bar area. Decor for the whole restaurant was lovely. I read some reviews about the daybeds being dated and worn out but I didnt venture to that area of the restaurant. I guess that is to be expected of all outdoor furniture anyway considering the weather we have here in Singapore.

I never had high expectations of the standard of food because TBC is promoted as a beach bar but TBC definitely proved me wrong. I will definitely return again, possibly in the day the next time. The open concept of the restaurant looks fun as you can have a dip in the sea, and then return to your day bed or sun chairs for your drinks.

Visited January 2013


Contact Tanjong Beach Club
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Address 120 Tanjong Beach Walk  Sentosa Island, Singapore 098942 | Phone +65 6270 1355

Contact Your Singapore
Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | YouTube | Google+

Sources : Tanjong Beach Club Photo | Tanjong Beach Club Information | Tanjong Beach Club Review

0 comments: