Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bars : USA : NV : Las Vegas : Freakin' Frog

Bars : USA : NV : Las Vegas : Freakin' Frog

About Freakin' Frog
At The Freakin' Frog, they are all about the beer. Whether you prefer imported or domestic, Lagers or Ales, Porters or Stouts, Trappistes or Lambics, Dubbels or Dunkel or Doppelbock, Pilsner to Hefeweizens, Gueze or Mead, Sassons to Seasonals, or anything in between, we have it at the Freakin' Frog. Why are we so sure we have it? Well, not to boast, but we have over 500 or more beers available at any one time, and that is not counting our taps that are ever changing. In fact, our taps change on almost a daily basis and you will find beers on tap here that you won't find anywhere else.Hungry? Well we serve food too. Check out our delectable list of goodies for you to munch on between quaffs of the beer of your choice. And is it good? You bet! No flies in this frog faire.Interested in something a little harder? Well, you should check out the little club upstairs, The Whisky Attic, which boasts the biggest whisky selection in the country.

Freakin' Frog Review By Dan P. : Las Vegas, NV
Why I haven't been to the Freakin' Frog earlier, I can never say.  I finally made it down there with some coworkers.  The atmosphere is fairly brightly lit and has a trendy college scene feel to it.  No slot machines!!!!!  We were seated by very friendly staff, and the owner somehow knew that we were there for beer!

I ordered the turkey melt, which was really good.  The cross cut fries were heavily seasoned and didn't need ketchup or ranch.  Very nice bar food.  The beers on tap were pretty exciting as well.  Delerium Tremens, Uinta Labyrinth, Ruination, etc.  Even more impressive was the cellar where they house more than 1100 beers.  They offer beers from the best breweries in the world that you won't find elsewhere in Vegas such as The Bruery, Alesmith, Drie Fonteinen, Cantillon, etc.  I purchased a Lolla Rossa (a cherry Flemish red) from the cellar on the recommendation of the staff, and was quite pleased with this outstanding beer!  Props to the staff for being so beer knowledgeable.  They also took us up to their whiskey room, which was filled with hundreds of whiskeys from around the world.  They do a special tasting method developed by the owner where each tasting is customized for the group of people who go.  Very cool stuff.

The downfall of the old Frog and the only reason I am not dishing out a 5/5 is the price of the beer.  The good drafts will run you around $9 a pint.  My Lolla Rossa was $50, and I am sure that was a bit high even or a 2011 Flemish red.  I probably won't be coming here on a regular basis to get my beer fix, but I will definitely keep my eye on their special events. They had a Leipziger Goze on cask event coming up when I went, which is simply amazing for a craft beer nerd like me!   

If you are into beer, the Freakin' Frog is a must try.  It is also a great place for tourists since it is just a few minutes away from the Strip!


Contact Freakin' Frog
Address 4700 S Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, Nevada 89119 | Phone (702) 597-3237 

Contact Las Vegas Review Journal 


0 comments: