Sunday, April 21, 2013

Interviews : Peaches On Lady Gaga, Her Geldof Namesake And Personal Grooming

Interviews : Peaches On Lady Gaga, Her Geldof Namesake And Personal Grooming

The Guardian: If there's one question you don't want me to ask you about Lady Gaga, what is it?
"Don't even say the word. People should be asking her about me."

Describe your film Peaches Does Herself in five words.
"A sex-change jukebox musical."

Elizabeth II owns all the sturgeon in UK waters, and she also owns Canada. Does she constantly tattoo the fish, like, "LIZ"?
"Because us Canadians all have that."

What do you own?
"Ah, man, now you're making me sad. Nothing can be owned."

What about a house?
"I live in an enormous house in Berlin. I got cheap rent rates from eight years ago, and this mother's so huge I can't find the bathroom at night."

Do you live in Berlin as a shorthand for being cool?
"I made Berlin cool. I moved, people followed."

How did you meet Danni Daniels, your transsexual co-star in the film?
"In the exact same place we're doing Sundance; it was One Night In London with Perez Hilton. Danni walked up to me and said, "I lost my virginity to your music, and now I can shake my dick and my tits."

Can I have some money?
"That depends. What's it for?"

Hobbies…
"Nah, not good enough. I'm gonna need to see some receipts first."

When you lived with Feist did you let her do all the washing up?
"She once left town for a couple of weeks and purposefully left the ketchup laying on an angle in the fridge to prove I never went in there."

Just five or 10 Euros. Anything…
"I told you, man – receipts!"

But you live in a massive house!
"Massive. I can't find the kitchen in the morning."

Do you know who Peaches Geldof is?
"I get mistaken for her. Particularly in circles of high fashion and – this is sad – high art. I was at a dinner with Tilda Swinton, and in the picture I'm credited as her. She came to see my show once and I invited her onstage. But she split."

Should men trim their bushes?
"Yes. Not full wax or shave; I'm not looking for a baby dick. Just a trim."

Suzanne Moore recently said that women get angry with themselves for not having the body shape "of a Brazilian transsexual", and there was a shitstorm o' trouble. What do you think?
"Maybe it's the ideal body for everyone: men and women. Everyone should have EVERYTHING."

Would you ever get cosmetic surgery?
"Can I get an Adrien Brody nose?"

A peach is a fruit that ripens after being plucked. But are humans irredeemably rotten?
"Well, people are morally and physically fuzzy."

In The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock…
"You're gonna quote the peach bit, aren't you?"

No. The narrator laments, "I grow old … I shall wear the bottom of my trousers rolled." Which sounds hella punk. How will you tackle ageing?
"By finding awesome role models like Eartha Kitt, Yoko Ono… I'm tackling it, man; making it, just being Peaches."

If you were discharged from the army, what would it be for?
"Helping the enemy."


Contact The Guardian
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Contact Peaches
Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | MySpace

Sources : Peaches On Lady Gaga, Her Geldof Namesake And Personal Grooming Photo | Peaches On Lady Gaga, Her Geldof Namesake And Personal Grooming Article

0 comments: