Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Videos : Little Nikki : Where I'm Coming From


Videos : Little Nikki : Where I'm Coming From

Who is Little Nikki?
The creation of Little Nikki – she sees the moniker as her pop star alter-ego and a safe haven for her creativity to run wild – started in earnest when she was just six-years-old and wrote her first song. Seven years later she was signed to a major label as part of the girl group SoundGirl, a band she insisted on co-writing songs for until they split in April 2012. “Even before I realised I was a fan of music I was singing and writing. I thought everybody did it. I thought it was what you were supposed to do,” she laughs. “I don't know why really. I spent a lot of time by myself when I was little and liked being in my own space and just being creative, so I didn't realise no one else was doing the same thing.” While she enjoyed her time as one third of SoundGirl, including support slots with everyone from Pixie Lott to The Wanted to Justin Bieber, there was always a niggling desire to create her own sound - to stand on her own two feet and be in complete control over who she is and who she wants to be. For her, it was the perfect springboard for her to get to where she wanted to be. “I was never really pushing to be famous. I wanted to do music and sing, but I was never pushing to find it, it kind of came to me,” she says. “That's why I really had to appreciate it and embrace everything about it because I thought it was supposed to be.”


Contact Little Nikki
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Vevo

Contact MTV UK
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sources : Little Nikki Photo | Where I'm Coming From Video | Bridgit Little Nikki Biography

0 comments: