Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Bars & Lounges : USA : GA : Atlanta : Halo Lounge

Bars & Lounges : USA : GA : Atlanta : Halo Lounge

About Halo
HALO is a sophisticated upscale bar located underneath the historic Biltmore Hotel in heart of Midtown Atlanta, Georgia. The 3,000-square foot layered venue boasts high-quality design among three distinct areas, an expansive signature drink menu, world class DJs, and two bars. Since opening its doors in the summer of 2001, HALO has been regarded as one of the premiere nightlife destinations in Atlanta. Attracting a diverse clientele, HALO is an ideal place to grab a cocktail after work, dance late into the night or host a private event.

Halo Review : By Jen K. : Atlanta, GA
Halo holds a record for having hosted more of my birthdays than any other establishment.  I've been coming here for years, and somehow this place always seems to be evolving to stay cooler than me.  I am going to get too old to be there before I ever catch up with this place in hipness factor.  Was just there last night for a Yelp Elite event, and it was nice to see such a down to earth crowd there.  Some nights it's club kids, others it's the sexy and swanky, but most of the time it's a decent blend of people.  Always good looking, rarely douchey.  Take your douchiness to Opera, thankyouverymuch.  

The place is hot, has a sexy vibe, and is always well maintained.  The staff are very chill, and not once in all my years have I had to flag a bartender for 15 minutes or stand there and be ignored.  They pour mean drinks, and while it's pretty easy to run up a big tab, never had to deal with anything watered down or sloppily made.  I think the great service is one of the big draws that makes me like this place more than typical clubs.  That, and ample places to park my ass when I want.  

Always love the music there, and they bring in some decent talent.  Typical names you'll see there are Kemit, Chris Grass, Dr. Katz, and the Turntables on the Hudson djs.  Very danceable stuff, which leads me to my one gripe with Halo... there is no real dance floor.  It's a lounge, not a club - I get it.  But when you play such fabulous music, you've gotta wanna dance.

Contact Halo Lounge

0 comments: