Thursday, June 27, 2013

Eats : USA : Atlanta : GA : Cafe Circa

Eats : USA : Atlanta : GA : Cafe Circa

About Cafe Circa
The building that houses Café Circa was originally built in 1903 as Danneman’s Grocery. In 2008, after years of standing vacant, the building was transformed into an eye-catching restaurant/bar nestled in the Old 4th Ward district. Since our grand opening, Café Circa has served as a destination spot for a true dining and lounging experience suitable for business meetings, happy hour social gatherings, weekend book clubs, listening parties, date night, and even a midnight snack.

Café Circa offers a casually sophisticated atmosphere that merges classic style and modern elements with scrumptious signature menu items and a premium bar offering classic and innovative cocktails, select spirits, and a full wine list for every taste. Our culinary team prepares fresh, deliciously seasoned food with a Caribbean Latin twist that you won’t find anywhere else – creative small plates, inspired entreés, and tempting desserts.

Now in 2010, we’re expanding! With our new executive team bringing years of experience to the table and a new food and drink menu to reflect our international flair, we will soon open our rooftop to create a brand-new oasis dining experience.

We invite you to experience Café Circa… SAVOR. INDULGE. BE.

Cafe Circa Review By Pamela M. : Mableton, GA
I can finally remove this from my bookmarks but keep them in my top 10 grown & sexy places in the city limits to take visiting friends!

I headed out Sat nite with a friend visiting from NC, whenever she comes I like to try something a little different and although Cafe Circa has been around awhile, this was our time droppin in. The greeters were warm and friendly so that always feels good upon arrival + no cover charge !!!

I had a reservation for 4 I made on Open Table, and yes Cafe Circa did recognize it but we opted to try out the roof activity first. Oooo how nice, quaint and sexy, LOVED the roof action:-) As soon as we topped the stairs, there was live music with a keyboardist who sounded really soulful:-) Folks were looking fresh and smiling, the roof was ablaze with fragrance, aromas of food and nice oils and colognes.

I would say this is or should be an over 30 type of establishment, ladies and gents were looking good and conversations were of a mature and humorous nature. We were quite entertained for our first hour or so on the roof. There is a bar on the roof as well and a view of the happenings all up and down Edgewood. Parking is available on the street and in a small private free lot next door. We eventually ventured downstairs for our reserved table to catch the band about 11:30.... We ordered some tapas which consisted of calamari (seasoned well but chewy), jerk wings (tasty and very sauced), sweet potato fries (crispy and thin, the best I've had yet) and some fried green tomatoes ( I was forced to taste...LOL...and it was my first, actually they had good flavor). We ordered a few glasses of Reisling to wash it down.

Another reason I chose Cafe Circa is the band on Fri and Sats. My friends and I love live entertainment and the band (whose name I don't recall) was really good. I noted as I glanced around and socialized, the nice hardwood flooring, and overall tasteful decor. About 1 am I also noted the crowd change from the "grown" to the youngsters (under 30)..they were piling in from wherever and rapidly spreading about filling up the place. I was kinda surprised they would choose Cafe Circa, as there was no hip-hop playing and Soundtable + another club is across the street.

I was feeling Cafe Circa and look forward to another visit with them real soon:-)


Contact Cafe Circa
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Email
Address : 464 Edgewood Ave SE Atlanta, GA 30312 | Phone : (404) 477-0008

Sources : Cafe Circa Photo | Cafe Circa Information | Cafe Circa Review

0 comments: