Monday, June 22, 2015

Bars + Lounges : USA : IL : Chicago : Roof On The Wit

Bars + Lounges : USA : IL : Chicago : Roof On The Wit

Roof On The Wit
Cool off atop the Loop’s best summertime lounge destination. Grab a cool drink and set your gaze upon the sun-drenched views of the City. But don’t get too lost in the scenery—you’re surrounded by the diverse, lively crowd only a Chicago summer can draw.

Roof On The Wit Review By Hollina U.: Chicago, IL
"After watching Lakers games, and experiencing concerts at Hyde Lounge, it was time to take in a Kings playoff game from Suite Level C.

I was scouting out places for a work event and contacted the Wit, since I had heard so many good things about ROOF on the Wit. I received a prompt reply, and was invited to Taste of the Wit, which happens every other Tuesday. We were first taken to State and Lake, where we sampled some appetizers (the pretzels there are amazing!!), including some cheese, prosciutto, and deviled eggs (which is supposed to be really good, but I thought was just alright). They carry Cloudy Bay sauvignon blanc, which is my favorite sauvignon blanc from New Zealand. I had the Hummingbird, which has blackberry preserves-- delicious.

We were then taken up to ROOF, where we tried the duck fat fries (still a bit soggy), the sushi (which was pretty darn good!), and some pizza. I actually had a chance to try the Pizza Tetto- pizza with pine nuts, mushroom and sausage-- a pretty interesting combo. I just love anything with pine nuts. For cocktails, I tried the skinny model diet-- not my favorite drink.

I really like the Lounge/Living Room area--- there's AMAZING views from all around. Also, there are some super soft fuzzy black chairs-- and I love the decor-- houndstooth furniture mixed in with some black couches.I love mixed and matched furniture. But once I walked into the Atrium, I was even more blown away. It was so light and airy, and felt so relaxing. There was even live music on Tuesday night--- a guy playing the guitar who was REALLY good. I could have hung out there for hours, just sipping on cocktails, snacking on sushi, and listening to the singer.

Then we were taken to a private theater room, where we were served desserts from the Phoenix Room. My colleague was raving about the key lime dessert... there were also macarons, but I would pass on those-- they were a bit dry.

Overall, I really just like how they had exceptional customer service--- but then again, what else would you expect from an event such as that?


Contact Roof On The Wit
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Email | Event Booking | Press/Media
Address 201 N. STATE STREET CHICAGO, IL 60601 | Phone : (312) 239-9502

Sources : Roof On The Wit Photo | Roof On The Wit Information | Roof On The Wit Review

0 comments: