Saturday, June 13, 2015

News : Sprite Cans Quote Drake, Biggie, Rakim and Nas

News : Sprite Cans Quote Drake, Biggie, Rakim and Nas

Soft drink manufacturer Sprite have launched a new promotional campaign which sees rap lyrics printed on the side of cans.

As Mashable reports, the Coca-Cola-owned company are releasing sixteen limited-edition cans, featuring different "inspiration" lyrics from well-known rap songs. Various lyrics by Drake, Nas, Notorious BIG and New York MC Rakim have been selected as part of the Obey Your Verse campaign.

Among the Drake lyrics chosen are "On a mission trying to shift the culture" from his song 'Tuscan Leather', as well as "Started From The Bottom". Nas' lyrics "Poetry's deep I never fell" and "The World is Yours" will also been printed on cans.

"Legacy means everything to me," Nas says in a press release. "When I wrote these lyrics, I never imagined my fans would someday have the opportunity to enjoy a can of Sprite and experience my art in a totally original way."

The project's name refers to Sprite's previous Obey Your Thirst campaign during the 1990s, which also featured an array of rappers, including Nas.

See the full list of lyrics below:

Drake - “Know yourself, know your worth” (from ‘0 to 100’)
Drake - “I’m the rookie and the vet” (from ‘0 to 100’)
Drake - “Man, they treat me like a legend” (from ‘Over’)
Drake - “Started from the bottom” (from ‘Started From The Bottom’)
Drake - “On a mission trying to shift the culture” (from ‘Tuscan Leather’)
Nas - “Living longevity to the destiny” (from ‘If I Ruled the World’)
Nas - “Poetry’s deep I never fell” (from ‘It Ain’t Hard To Tell’)
Nas - “It’s truth, that I am you, and I am proof” (from ‘My Generation’)
Nas - “The World is Yours” (from ‘The World is Yours’)
Nas - “Live with it and love it” (from ‘Trust’)
Rakim - “Self-esteem makes me super, superb, and supreme” (from ‘Follow the Leader’)
Rakim - “Cool, ‘cause I don’t get upset” (from ‘Microphone Fiend’)
Rakim - “Thinking of a master plan” (from ‘Paid in Full’)
Rakim - “Speak the truth” (from ‘Waiting for the World to End’)
Rakim - “My mental windows refuse to close” (from ‘Waiting for the World to End’)
The Notorious B.I.G. - “Lyrically I’m supposed to represent” (from ‘One More Chance’)

Contact NME Magazine
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Soundcloud

Sources : Sprite Cans Photo | Sprite Cans Article

0 comments: