Monday, April 14, 2014

News : Rita Ora Admits She Got "Shy And Girly" Working With Boyfriend Calvin Harris

News : Rita Ora Admits She Got "Shy And Girly" Working With Boyfriend Calvin Harris

Rita Ora is a triple threat: the singer can currently be seen modelling for Marks and Spencer, will appear in the upcoming 50 Shades of Grey film and has just dropped the video for her latest single, I Will Never Let You Down.

But the super singer still found time to catch up with MTV UK about what it was like to work with her boyfriend Calvin Harris on the new track and give us a few juicy deets of her upcoming collaborations with Prince and Macklemore!

“Working with Calvin on the song was so much fun,” Rita gushed of her Scottish DJ boyfriend. “I got a bit shy and girly, because it’s something that, you kind of, get out of your comfort zone and work with somebody that knows you personally.”

But despite Calvin writing and producing the new single, which Rita describes as “a love song you can dance to”, the singer tells us: “He’s not making an appearance in the video, because there’s only so much that we could do. But it, it speaks enough for itself I think.”

As well as working with her significant other, Rita’s upcoming second album will feature collaborations with music legend Prince and rap newcomer Macklemore.

“He’s so inspirational when it comes to you know, believing in gay rights and, you know, just in life,” Rita said of the Same Love rapper. “And I loved that about him.”

“And Prince is just an icon, lyrically and melodically and musically. There’s just so much that you can learn forever. So I just wanted people even my age and even younger to just even, hear him,” she added.

Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down

What can her fans expect of the upcoming record? “A lot of tricks and a lot of kind of like surprises and a lot of influences of people I’ve met over the past two year. My life has really changed since my first singles R.I.P and Hot Right Now to now I Will Never Let You Down. But I’m still the same, you know, so I was trying to figure out how I can grow and still be similar at the same time.”

“You know I released R.I.P when I was twenty one and now I’m twenty three, so two years later I think, you kinda just grow and still wanna have fun, but [be] honest at the same time.”


Contact Rita Ora
Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+

Contact Calvin Harris
Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Shop | iTunes

Contact MTV UK
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr | Google+

Sources : Riat Ora Photo | Rita Ora Admits She Got "Shy And Girly" Working With Boyfriend Calvin Harris Article | Rita Ora & Calvin Harris Photo | Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down Video

0 comments: