Sunday, January 4, 2015

Bars + Lounges : USA : WA : Seattle : Rob Roy Cocktail Lounge

Bars + Lounges : USA : WA : Seattle : Rob Roy Cocktail Lounge

Rob Roy Cocktail Lounge
Rob Roy makes a convincing argument for the 1960s bachelor pad as an alternative to the current model for modern American cocktail bars: the dimly lit, wood-paneled, brass-and-mahogany pre-Prohibition saloon. If there's no wood paneling per se, there's plenty of exposed stone, black leather, and period art, not to mention a turntable with a couple of shelves of vinyl and a working reel-to-reel tape player — every audiophile's dream back in 1969. Add lots of comfortable lounging space, a solid crowd, excellent drinks, and free Goldfish during happy hour, and — well, you'll have a hard time getting us out of there.

Hyde Lounge Review By Allister D.: Sunnyvale, CA
"I came here on a midnight during Thursday. I wanted to grab a late-night cocktail and get a feel of the city so I read about Rob Roy and decided to walk a few blocks down. It was one of the best bars open till 2am so I knew I had to have it. The place was dark and it had a quiet vibe to it. There was a small group of 6 and a couple people at the bar. This was kind of like a speakeasy in a way with the dark-dim lighting, the quiet voices, the fancy furniture and bar layout, and most importantly the bartender had the typical look; paperboy hat, vest, cuffed shirt, etc.

I ordered the Oaxacan Rebel: Vida mescal, Maple, Molé & Angostura bitters, grapefruit oils. This had a bite to it with this pungent aroma of bitters and dried orange peel. This cocktail had the look and taste of an old fashioned. This was a great drink overall. The ingredients and process to build this drink was well worth the price and sip.

My bartender Brady did a fabulous job with his service. He answered my questions and took the time to converse with me. He knew the drinks from the back of his head and even made a drink that I personally requested. (I wanted a maple/cinnamon tasting cocktail; he perfectly executed it). Brady also took the time to chisel the ice cube to fit my cup for the Oaxacan Rebel. He is a top-notch bartender that deserves lots of credit. He's the best on 2nd ave.

Overall my experience was an A. Brady and the cocktails were on point. The vibe and look to this bar is relaxing and sophisticated but still maintains the laid back feel. I definitely recommend people stopping by for top shelf cocktails with fine ingredients. This is for the serious drinkers only."


Contact Rob Roy Cocktail Lounge
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Email
Address 2332 2nd Ave Seattle, WA 98121 | Phone : (206) 956-8423

Sources : Rob Roy Photo | Rob Roy Information | Rob Roy Review

0 comments: