Thursday, January 8, 2015

News : Kid Rock Speaks On Rap-Rock

News : Kid Rock Speaks On Rap-Rock

Discussing the genre most commonly associated with him, Kid Rock shared a few harsh words regarding rap rock, branding the style "gay."

"Rap-rock was what people wanted at the time, and they still love those songs at shows," he kicked off during the Guardian interview.

"But it turned into a lot of bulls-it and it turned out to be pretty gay… If someone says you can't say 'gay' like that you tell them to go f-ck themselves. You're not going to get anything politically correct out of me."

During the rest of the chat, Mr. Rock discussed his political views, saying that he's "definitely a Republican on fiscal issues and the military, but I lean to the middle on social issues.

"I am no fan of abortion, but it's not up to a man to tell a woman what to do. As an ordained minister I don't look forward to marrying gay people, but I'm not opposed to it."

Finally, Kid admitted that he could have been a better role model for his son. "I'm 43 and about to become a grandfather, but it keeps my redneck street cred up," he said.

"I could be a great-great-great-grandfather by the time I’m 80. I am excited, but also nervous for my son. He was dropped on my doorstep at six months when I had no money and was trying to be a rock star. I didn't have a clue."

The singer continued, "The partying gene skips a generation. I was really wild and I never saw that in my son. He'll have a few drinks, but that's it. He'll say: 'Right, I'm going home,' and I'm like: 'Ha! We're just getting warm.'"


Contact Kid Rock
Website | Twitter | Facebook | MySpace | YouTube

Contact Ultimate Guitar
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sources : Kid Rock Photo | Kid Rock Article

0 comments: