Friday, January 18, 2013

Bars+Lounges : USA : NY : Brooklyn : The Drink

Bars+Lounges : USA : NY : Brooklyn : The Drink

About The Drink
Follow the blinking red beacon to this warm, rustic, and aromatic Williamsburg punch mecca where every night the bartender mixes one hot and one cold option, a bargain at just five dollars a cup. If you have a posse or are feeling like a lush, they also offer their favorite blends by the ten-serving bowlful with nautical monikers like “The Old Gunwhale” or “The Perfect Storm.”

The Drink Review By Maddie O. : Brooklyn, NY
This is a fun bar slightly off the beaten path, and therefor far removed from the sneering hoards of Bedford ave. I enjoyed a few $6 pints, and a cup or two of Hot Wassail punch ($5 and mighty yummy). The patio area was spacious and beckons me back for a warm spring evening. It was a busy Saturday night but the bartenders were fast and friendly.

When I tried to buy the Birthday Boy a drink, the bartender gave him a high quality whiskey, neat, on the house. Once I realized that by the bottom of that glass the birthday boy would probably be on the floor, I was a good friend and finished it off for him. I'm not a whiskey girl, so that must have been some top-shelf shiz, cause I sipped it like a champ.

Contact The Drink
Address 228 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, New York 11206 | Phone (718) 782-8463

Contact New York Magazine 

0 comments: