Eats : USA : IL : Chicago : 2 Sparrows
Eats : USA : IL : Chicago : 2 Sparrows
About 2 Sparrows
Gregory Ellis and Steven Fladung, both Charlie Trotter’s vets, are behind this neighborhoody Lincoln Park gem, a destination for contemporary breakfast, lunch and brunch. The dining room --- all done up in salvaged wood and funky glass fixtures --- is hip without being overwrought. And the food? Well, it’s certainly beyond the everyday. Not to be missed are the savory maple-bacon donuts and the house-made “Pop Tarts” (try the pear with lemon-thyme icing instead of the more gimmicky foie gras). But stiff competition comes in the form of fluffy, vegetable-packed quiche alongside lightly dressed salad. Likewise the pork belly sandwich, a knife and fork number on pillow-like biscuits with a yolky sunny-side egg, pickled onions and killer house-made tots on the side. Lunch, which pleasingly is served all day, ranges from hearty couscous with roasted butternut squash to a fancy BLT with grilled salmon. Don’t overlook the cocktails, though. Seasonal and creative, they’re made with small-batch spirits. Alternatively, expect local brews and boutique wines. (Read More)
2 Sparrows Review By Juan N. : Miami, FL
I don't know how this restaurant does not have a higher rating because it is probably my favorite in Chicago. The first time I went there and looked at the menu I was amazed at how everything looked so good. There are so many items on the menu that I wanted to try and I went back enough times that I was able to. Everything they make is fresh and truly homemade. For instance the ketchup is homemade and you can really taste the difference. It tastes unlike any other ketchup I have ever had. The first time I went there I had some BBQ pulled pork on a bun. The bun was great as it was very soft and fresh. They bake their bread daily. Some of my other favorite items are the Benedict which comes with pancetta and poached eggs. Very similar to the Benedict is the Parisian Gnocchi which also comes with pancetta and poached eggs. The desserts are also wonderful. They make these homemade pop tarts with different fillings and icings. For instance they had one with Nutella and raspberry icing. The entire reason I went there and another maybe the most famous dish there is their maple bacon donut. I highly recommend it.
The service was good whenever I went there, which was usually on Sundays around noon to one. If there was not a table available I would sit at the bar that they have. When I would sit at the bar I would get excellent service. The Bar Master (I guess that's her title) would always do a great job of taking caring of me and my friend and was very kind.
Contact 2 Sparrows
Address 553 West Diversey Parkway Chicago, Illinois 60614 | Phone (773) 234-2320
Contact Gayot
0 comments: