Interviews : Cher Lloyd : Z100's Jingle Ball
On Friday evening, Examiner.com was on the red carpet backstage at Z100's Jingle Ball 2012 at Madison Square Garden presented by Aeropostale. We caught up with U.K. import and Cher Lloyd who is probably best known for her catchy smash 'Want U Back.' Lloyd began her day at the action-packed Z100 & Coca-Cola All Access Lounge at Z100’s Jingle Ball pre-show. She performed at the free event and participated in fan meet and greets at the Hammerstein Ballroom.
Q: How has your life changed since X-Factor U.K.?
Cher Lloyd: I feel like before this point in my life I cried so much, I'd get hurt by everything, like I'd read something about myself and I cried. Or I’d see a picture and I look terrible, I cried. I'd ball my eyes out, but now I don’t cry. I just feel like I got tougher skin, I need to realize I’m very lucky, I should be very grateful for what I’ve got right now, especially here in the States, it’s huge to me.
Q: Are you looking forward catching up with One Direction?
Cher Lloyd: Definitely. I haven’t seen them in such a long time. I might just go up to them and say, "Do you remember me? I was on that TV show with you."
Q: How would you describe your style?
Cher Lloyd: My style varies a lot. I feel that it depends on the event that I’m doing. This one is a bit Christmas-y, so I've gone for snowy looking things.
Q: How do you feel about tattoos?
Cher Lloyd: I just feel that whenever I want one I’ll get one. I think everyone should feel that they are able to do what they want with their own body. And I’m the type of the person that feels that, you know, if you want to go and do that, that’s great. And everyone has different opinions, but if you feel good about yourself that’s all that matters.
Q: What's one thing you would like to change about yourself?
Cher Lloyd: My main thing is I used to have really bad acne. I started using Proactive. And you can really feel it working. I feel that has been my trick really.
Q: What are you doing on a New Years Eve?
Cher Lloyd: I’m going to watch Big Ben at home. We've got the Big Ben and all the fireworks, glass of Rozay, with my dogs. I've got two little dogs. I’m going to sit with them. I’m not going to go party, and I’m just drained, I need a rest.
Q: What's the strangest gift you’ve ever got?
Cher Lloyd: I used to get a lot of socks. But socks are handy because you can never really keep them in pairs, anyway, can you? So more new socks is great.
Q: What do you think about the U.S. X-Factor?
Cher Lloyd: I think it’s great. I don’t really get to watch it that much because obviously I’m on the road and I’m in different places all the time, but I think it’s great. L.A. [Reid] is on it, who is very, very close to me, and obviously Simon [Cowell] who is my other boss. So, it’s good to keep an eye out on them.
Q: Are you a fan of Demi Lovato?
Cher Lloyd: Demi, I really love Demi, I can’t reveal too much, but me and her met, and she was so lovely, and yes, good things to come.
Q: What artists would you like to collaborate with in 2013?
Cher Lloyd: Probably Ed Sheeran, even if we just got to write together, I think that would be really great. And you know what, I think that me and One Direction would make something quite special.
Contact Cher Lloyd
Contact Examiner
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin
Sources : Cher Lloyd Photo | Interview
0 comments: