Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Singles : Seven Lions : Worlds Apart

Singles : Seven Lions : Worlds Apart

Listen To : Seven Lions : Worlds Apart

Who Is Seven Lions?
Jeff Montalvo, known professionally as Seven Lions, is an American record producer, remixer, instrumentalist and DJ from Santa Barbara, California. The name Seven Lions comes from a fantasy book called Latro In The Mist by Gene Wolfe. Seven Lions is a character in the book.

Montalvo’s interest in music production began at the age of 7 when his father came home with a Macintosh and keyboard. He grew up as a metal and punk-inclined drummer, but he eventually segued into electronic music production. Montalvo explains, “For me, it was the most accessible thing, to start picking up something like drums as opposed to something like electronic music. My transition out of playing with a band was because I got tired of waiting for my band all the time - I wanted to just start making music so I started composing electronic music by myself." He took the initiative, and after a friend gave him the program Fruity Loops, he was set to become a producer.

Influences
Montalvo states that he is a metal and fantasy fan, and inspired by Viking metal as well as his favorite band Opeth. Although he produces electronic music, he doesn't always listen to it. "I don’t listen to electronic music regularly, I still listen to metal honestly. I mean I only really listening to electronic music when I’m looking for songs, actively, to put in my set. I’m always into Viking Metal, I like folky stuff. I like stuff that really takes you out of somewhere you are and puts you somewhere else." His recommendations and favorite metal bands: "Ensiferum, Månegarm, obviously Opeth, Storm Corrosion, their side project with Steve Wilson, stuff like that."


Contact Seven Lions
Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Myspace | Instagram | Pinterest | Press Email | GM Email | Booking Email

Sources : Seven Lions Logo | Listen To Worlds Apart | Seven Lions' Biography

0 comments: