Sunday, May 10, 2015

News : Paul McCartney Remarks On Working With Kanye

News : Paul McCartney Remarks On Working With Kanye

"We'd ping-pong till we had a song. [Working with West] was like that."

Kanye West and Paul McCartney made waves earlier this year when they hit the studio together and recorded an album’s worth of recording. However, as McCartney explained in a new interview with The Sun, the Beatle and Chicago rapper aren’t as unlikely bedfellows as you might think.

McCartney said working with West reminded him of his time collaborating with John Lennon in The Beatles. “When I wrote with John, he would sit down with a guitar. I would sit down. We’d ping-pong till we had a song. [Working with West] was like that,” McCartney reminisced.

McCartney revealed that one of their collaborations, “Only One”, was inspired by The Beatles’ “Let It Be”. “We sat around and talked an awful lot just to break the ice. One of the stories I told him was about how I happened to have written ‘Let It Be.'”

He continued, “My mum came to me in a dream when she’d died years previously. I was in a bit of a state – it was the Sixties and I was overdoing it. In the dream she said, ‘Don’t worry it’s all going to be fine, just let it be.’ And I woke up and thought, ‘Woah’ and wrote the song.” After sharing that anecdote, “[Kanye] said, ‘I’m going to write a song with my mum.’ So then I sat down at the piano,”

McCartney admitted that he was initially skeptical of working with West. “My first thought was, ‘Woah, what am I going to get into here. He is amazingly talented but controversial and can make eccentric moves. I realized if it didn’t work out we’d just say so and shake hands and leave.”

However, the collaboration proved successful as evidenced by “Only One”, “All Day”, and “FourFiveSeconds”. It’s unclear how many of their collaborative tracks will appear on West’s forthcoming studio album So Help Me God, which is expected to surface sometime this year.

Contact Kanye West
Website | Twitter | MySpace | IMDb | YouTube | Vevo | Shop


Contact Paul McCartney
Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Google+

Contact Consequence of Sound (COS)
Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

Sources : Paul McCartney & West Photo | Paul McCartney Article

0 comments: