News : Vado Explains Why He Left Interscope Records
News : Vado Explains Why He Left Interscope Records
Four years. That’s how long it’s been since Harlem spitter Vado first emerged on the scene alongside fellow Uptown mainstay Cam’Ron for the twosome’s Boss of All Bosses tag-team mixtape in 2009. It was from there that the rapper, under Cam’s guidance, transformed from the latter’s trusty mixtape sidekick to a leader of New York’s new wave—performing on Summer Jam’s mainstage, releasing a respectable offering in Slime Flu and signing a deal with Interscope—all in the span of a year and a half. The young Slime was quickly championed as the next to blow out of the city. However, after 2011’s lukewarm Slime Flu 2, things stalled, leaving many wondering if V-Don would ever recapture the momentum he fostered following joints like “Speakin’ Tungs,” “Hey Muma” and more.
Now off hiatus and back on his grizzly, Vado is ready for his proper re-introduction, and plans to deliver that with the threequel to his Slime Flu series, Slime Flu 3. This time riding for dolo, V-12 proves that he’s “back and coming hard, like I never left.” Speaking to XXL, Vado touches on his Interscope deal, his relationship with Cam’Ron, Slime Flu 3 and more.—Ralph Bristout
XXL : Last we heard from you, you signed that Interscope deal. Soon after things got quiet.
The Interscope deal, if you want me to be honest with you, I feel like I shouldn’t have even went all the way to the West Coast. I feel I should’ve stayed grounded with the New York labels. They understand and know me so they know how to handle me, they know what to do. You go all the way over there; they don’t know what’s going on. So now, I gotta fix everything up and I gotta work with their music. It was just a whole big difference to the point that I had to ask for my walking papers. (Read More)
Contact Vado
Contact XXL Magazine
0 comments: