Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Eats : USA : NY : New York : New Wonjo

Eats : USA : NY : New York : New Wonjo

About New Wonjo
At this 24-hour barbecue joint that’s widely considered the best on the block, it’s good to snag a table near the front: Smoke from everyone else’s tabletop grill tends to get sucked towards exhaust vents in the back of the restaurant, and besides, it’s nice to look out of the floor-to-ceiling windows onto the neon-flashing view of 32nd Street’s Korean strip. Crispy scallion pancakes, surprisingly good sushi and DIY barbequed meat are the order of the day here, but just as important is what the food is washed down with: soju, and plenty of it. Among the varieties of this vodka-like spirit, you’ll find the most popular Korean brand Jinro which is as potent as it is sweet. A twelve-ounce bottle, delivered to the table accompanied by etched shot glasses, goes far in soothing the burn of kimchi.

New Wonjo Review By Tom C. : Atlanta, GA
"If you asked me if I thought Manhattan had good Korean food...I would probably laughed in your face at that question.

But dining at Wonjo changed my opinion on that.

The quality of the Korean food here is pretty good. There were a few dishes that I had. I had raw beef bi-bim-bap and the sauce they used was light and sweet and I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I tried beef tofu soup and their kimchi chi-gae and they were pretty good.

I also ordered Korean short ribs and pork belly where you can cook it over the grill and I have to say the meats were pretty quality.

Now I know where my go to get my Korean on. Just know once you go Korean that's all you will be seein'!!!"


Contact New Wonjo
Address ; 23 W 32nd St New York, NY 10001 | Phone : (212) 695-5815
Website | Facebook | Email

Contact New York Magazine
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sources : New Wonjo Photo | New Wonjo Information | New Wonjo Review

0 comments: